Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thank you, my friends

I agree strongly this point of view: there is no greater loss than the loss of one's homeland. Only people who have had this kind of experience can really understand its meaning.
I really like my home cooked meal which I have been eating for decades. America people can't image how delicious Chinese food is! My husband is an America born and raised, and he does not like Chinese food. Therefore, I seldom cook and eat Chinese food in home. I told my friend that I actually often miss
Chinese food. One day in the college, she passed me a plastic box without any words. When I opened it, I was moved to tears. It is Chinese sauced beef! She just cooked it for me in the morning! How nice it is! She is a new immigrant, just arrived here a little bit earlier than me. We never knew each other in China before. She is Dingmei - my good classmate. Thank you, my friend.
For my first driver's test, I was very nervous; even though I had more than thirteen years of driving experience in my country. My instructor commended me strictly, “hand signal”. Unbelievably, I did not understand the simple words!  She instantly became very mad at me. She jumped out of my car and slammed the door. She yelled at me in front of everyone: “She does not know hand signal, she does not know hand signal”! I was scared out of my wits. Oh, I was so embarrassed! At this point one Chinese man came over and carefully explained something to her. Then my test went on. Apparently, I failed the driver's test that day. However, I really appreciated him to stopping the ridiculous scene. Thank you, my friend.
It is hard to change life. Luckily, we can help each other to overcome its difficulties.  

2 comments:

  1. What a moving essay!! You explained both situations beautifully. I am going to be talking to you about some grammar corrections in class so you can edit it, and you will be reading aloud this in class, so practice reading it aloud a few times before class!!

    ReplyDelete