Friday, September 24, 2010

A kite flew here

Hi everyone,

I flew to the west as a kite eight months ago from the east. I gave up my good job, my sweet family and lovely friends for my new life here. I have to change my language into English, my foods to the western foods, everything changed. Here, there are no more beautiful tall bulidings,no huge numbers of people, no convinenced subway and transportantion, no delicious Asia food, no familiar friends, no funny TV show in my language.Everything requires an adjustment, adjustment and adjustment. All I can do is learn, learn and learn.
I have a lot of stories from these eight months. If you are interested in them, I will write more in the future.


Poorkite

1 comment:

  1. A very poetic beginning to your blog. I love the kite metaphor - very effective.

    A few things to change:
    past tense of fly - flew
    the west - western
    change everything.
    Here there are
    convenient
    All I can do is learn
    I have a lot of stories from these eight months;

    You can cut "Thanks for reading patiently" -- it changes the mood. The last sentence is more effective without it. I can't wait to read your stories!

    ReplyDelete